Bring a flavor-loaded chicken dinner to the table with these Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs! Chicken thighs are seared until golden brown and crispy and then braised in a coconut curry sauce until tender. Serve over a bed of rice and a side of naan for the ultimate dish!
This post and recipe is sponsored by Smart Chicken. All words and photographs are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make KJ & Company possible!
What Sets Smart Chicken Apart
Ok, listen up, if you’re purchasing chicken, it needs to be Smart Chicken! And that’s something that I don’t even have to be paid to say! My family and I have been using and cooking with Smart Chicken for YEARS. Literally: it’s all my Grandma and Mom will use, and now me! We can even go as far as saying that we have family friends who were farmers for Smart Chicken. I can remember watching my Mom in the kitchen unwrap the chicken with the classic blue packaging growing up, or my Grandma sharing with all of us when she found a grocery store when it went on sale. To say it’s a family favorite is an understatement.
So, what does set Smart Chicken apart? Let me tell you!
Did you know that all other chicken companies submerge the chicken in water bath solution to chill the meat? And that the meat absorbs 8-12% of that liquid? No thank you! Smart Chicken goes above and beyond to pay extra attention to detail by using a 100% Air-Chilled Process. That means the end result is a pure product that has exceptional taste, texture and quality without any yucky stuff added. You can read more about their process here!
Want to know what else is great? NO antibiotics are ever added! Here’s what they have to say about the matter:
“Smart Chicken® has never changed its position on antibiotics; the company does not administer antibiotics to chickens that become Smart Chicken and never has. Antibiotics are simply not part of our equation for producing wholesome, high-quality chicken and, in line with that philosophy, all Smart Chicken products are USDA Process Verified no antibiotics ever.”
How great is that?! They have a wealth of knowledge if you want to read more about their commitments to creating the highest-quality products that they can.
All in all, Smart Chicken is the only way to go!
Let’s Talk Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs are the perfect option for this recipe because they stay nice and tender all while being loaded full of flavor.
Naturally more flavorful than white chicken meat because of the higher fat content, the chicken thighs give the sauce an extra depth of flavor that you can’t miss.
Searing the chicken thighs not only gets them nice and golden brown, but also builds another layer of flavor. Then, braising in the coconut curry sauce cooks them through completely while infusing the chicken with all that coconut curry flavor.
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can also be used if preferred.
Serving Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs
To me, the best way to serve up this delicious coconut curry chicken is on a bed of rice, with a side of naan. Imagining dunking a chunk of naan into the luscious coconut curry sauce. Count me in!
Typically, you can buy naan at your local grocery store, Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. You can even make your own at home!
My Coconut Cilantro Rice pairs perfectly with this chicken recipe!
Simmering these Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs on your stovetop fills your house with so much goodness. You’ll want to dig right on in!
Looking for other recipes to use Smart Chicken? Check these out!
Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs is a flavor-loaded chicken dinner! Chicken thighs are seared until golden brown and crispy and then braised in a coconut curry sauce until tender. Serve over a bed of rice and a side of naan for the ultimate dish!
- 6 Smart Chicken chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 13.5 fl oz coconut milk, full-fat and unsweetened
- Fresh, chopped cilantro for garnish
- Season the chicken thighs on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Working in batches, sear the chicken on all sides until the skin is crispy, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic into the skillet and sauté until slightly translucent, about a few minutes. Add in the red curry paste and cayenne pepper and stir to form a paste-like consistency. Pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir to combine.
- Bring the coconut milk to a low boil and then add the chicken thighs back in, nestling each piece down into the sauce. Reduce the heat to low, spoon the sauce over the tops of the chicken thighs and braise the chicken for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through completely and the sauce has thickened. Garnish with the chopped cilantro and serve with the sauce.
- This dish can be made with any form of chicken that you may have on hand: chicken breast, legs, thighs or cubed tenders.
- Serve with rice and naan for a complete meal!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Braising
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 643
- Protein: 37.8g
Keywords: Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs, Chicken Thighs
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!