Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast is comfort food at its finest. Fall-apart tender beef and classic vegetables are cooked low and slow in a flavorful, savory broth. Get ready for your house to smell amazing!
This pot roast recipe checks all the boxes for a simple, wholesome meal. It’s hassle-free—with no braising and minimal prep work. Simply chop your veggies and add all of your ingredients into a Crockpot. Then walk away and enjoy the fact that dinner is ready to go.
Make slow cooker pot roast for your family tonight, meal prep it for a busy week, or host an easy dinner party. You can’t go wrong with this classic dish.
- 4–5 lb chuck roast
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped (or 2 cups baby carrots)
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 5–8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Place the chuck roast in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour the beef stock and Worcestershire sauce all around the sides of the roast. Arrange the onions, carrots and potatoes all around the roast.
- Evenly season with the salt, pepper and garlic. Add the fresh herbs on top.
- Cook the pot roast on high for 6 hours or on low for 8 hours, until fall apart tender.
- Serve the pot roast and vegetables with the sauce from the slow cooker spooned over top along with some crunchy garlic bread. Enjoy!
- Chuck roast still frozen? No fear! Add another hour or two onto your cooking time until the roast is fall apart tender.
- Want to take the sauce to the extra step? Before serving, ladle the sauce out of the bottom of the slow cooker into a small saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil and reduce slightly. Serve the pot roast with desired veggies and sauce poured over the top.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 522
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 572mg
- Fat: 18.9g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 75.9g
- Cholesterol: 229mg
Keywords: Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast