Cinnamon Sugar Baked Pumpkin Donuts are everything you could want in a pumpkin donut and more. A sweet, cinnamon-spice-speckled pumpkin cake batter is piped into a donut pan and baked to golden brown perfection. Then, rolled in melted butter and coated with a generous helping of cinnamon sugar. Each bite is cinnamon-sweet, with a crunchy exterior and light and fluffy pumpkin interior. Get your hands on these Cinnamon Sugar Baked Pumpkin Donuts!
I’m still day-dreaming about these donuts. We could hardly keep our hands off of them while photographing them! My cousins even went as far to say that they were some of the best donuts they’ve ever had – I’ll take that! They were sent home with the leftovers and their dad ate them all before they knew it. Another batch is in order!
Baking these donuts will have your whole house smelling like a fall candle. Pure fall flavor is packed into every donut!
First, you start out with a pumpkin cake-like batter. It’s speckled with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, and, of course, pumpkin. Pipe the batter into a donut baking pan and let the magic happen. They puff up beautifully and turn all sorts of perfectly golden brown.
Then, you roll each donut into some melted butter and generously coat them on all sides with a cinnamon sugar mix. To. Die. For.
Whether you are making these donuts for breakfast or fun fall baking treat, they are sure to bring a smile to your face! A cinnamon-sugar coated smile, that is. Happy baking!
Cinnamon Sugar Baked Pumpkin Donuts are everything you could want in a pumpkin donut and more. A sweet, cinnamon-spice-speckled pumpkin cake batter is piped into a donut pan and baked to golden brown perfection. Then, rolled in melted butter and coated with a generous helping of cinnamon sugar. Each bite is cinnamon-sweet, with a crunchy exterior and light and fluffy pumpkin interior.
For the donuts:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the coating:
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the donuts:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, pumpkin puree and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt until a smooth batter has formed.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag (or a large plastic food storage bag with a corner snipped off) and pipe the batter into a greased donut baking pan, filling each donut about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the donuts comes out clean. Let the donuts cool slightly in the pan before turning them out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the coating:
- Pour the melted butter on one plate and mix the cinnamon and sugar together on a separate plate. Coat each donut in the melted butter (wherever the butter gets – the cinnamon sugar sticks!) and then completely coat the donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Transfer back to the cooling rack to set. Repeat this process until all the donuts are coated. I find this to be the easiest method for coating the donuts. Bowls could be used in place of the plates if desired. Enjoy!
- You can store these donuts in an air-tight container or plastic bag and enjoy the next day as well! Just make sure they are completely cooled before storing.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 10
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!