Cinnamon French Toast Sticks are a fun, dunk-able spin on a breakfast favorite! Buttery brioche bread is sliced into sticks, coated in a cinnamon-infused custard and cooked to golden brown perfection. Then, rolled into a cinnamon-sugar coating for a sweet, crunchy exterior. How can you not dunk these Cinnamon French Toast Sticks straight into some maple syrup?!
- 1 brioche bread loaf, about 10 slices
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the cinnamon-sugar coating:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Slice the brioche bread slices into about 2-inch wide sticks, about 3 sticks per slice of bread depending on size. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, vanilla and cinnamon for the custard.
- Heat a skillet or stovetop griddle over medium heat and spread the butter across the surface of the pan to melt. Dip the French toast sticks into the custard, making sure to get all sides coated and allowing the excess to drain off. Place immediately on the griddle.
- Allow the French toast sticks to cook for several minutes on all sides until completely golden brown all around.
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Once the French toast sticks come off the griddle, place them immediately in the cinnamon-sugar coating and coat completely. Shake off the excess and repeat until all the sticks have been cooked and coated.
- Serve with maple syrup and dunk away!
- Brioche or challah bread can be used.
- If using the oven, preheat your oven to 400 degrees, dunk the sticks as directed and place on a greased baking sheet. Allow to bake for 5 or so minutes and then flip to continue baking on the other side until both sides are golden brown. Lightly brush with melted butter before coating in cinnamon sugar once out of the oven.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes