Cinnamon Brioche French Toast is what French toast dreams are made of! Tender, buttery slices of brioche bread are dunked into creamy, cinnamon-speckled egg wash, cooked until golden brown and delicious in a skillet of butter and topped to your liking! Breakfast never looked or smelled so good!
- 8 slices Brioche or Challah bread
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a shallow dish, such as a pie plate or 9×9 baking pan, whisk together the half and half, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract until combined.
- Heat the butter over medium-low heat in a large skillet. Working with a couple slices of bread at a time, quickly dunk each side of the bread slice in the prepared egg wash mixture and place it into the skillet. Cook for a few minutes or so, or until golden brown before flipping and cooking the other side of the bread the same way. Be careful to not let your butter or French toast burn. Reduce the heat if it is cooking too quickly.
- Repeat this process until all the bread slices have been used. Top with your desired toppings and enjoy!
- Since Brioche bread is very fluffy and tender, it quickly soaks up the egg wash so be careful to not leave the slice sitting in the egg wash for too long.
- If you have any egg wash that is on the sides (crust) of the bread slice that isn’t cooking as fast, you can use your spatula to gently tilt the slice of bread up so that the crust is in contact with the skillet to cook.
- If you are making French toast to serve a crowd or group, make the French toast as directed then place them evenly (not stacked) on a baking sheet lined with a baking rack to keep warm in the oven (set your oven temp as low as it will go, somewhere between 170-200). This will keep the French toast warm and not soggy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes