Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are fudgy, pillows of goodness! A rich, chocolate cookie is coated in powdered sugar and baked for the classic crinkle effect. The cookies are brownie-like in the center with a fluffy, chewy exterior that is irresistible!
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (Dutch processed preferred)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for coating
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until smooth, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time, wiping down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add in the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder and mix just until a dough forms. Refrigerate the dough for 2-3 hours. This can be done by adding the bowl of dough to the refrigerator, or by scooping the dough out into balls, placing them all on a baking sheet and refrigerating the whole baking sheet. Either option works.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop the refrigerated dough into cooke dough balls. Roll each cooke dough ball into the powdered sugar to completely coat. Place on a baking sheet a few inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, taking the pans out halfway through and banging them on the counter to help with the crinkle process. They can also be banged on the counter a couple times after the baking process in addition to help with this.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool and enjoy!
- Dutch processed cocoa is preferred for this recipe but not required. I find that it yields a much more decadent chocolate flavor.
- The cookies can also be baked on a parchment-lined baking sheet to help with cleanup as the powdered sugar does fluff off a bit when banged on the counter.
- Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 14.5g
- Sodium: 30mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
Keywords: Chocolate Crinkle Cookies