Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies are so good you aren’t going to be able to keep your hands off of them! A velvety peanut butter cookie dough is stuffed with a caramel filled chocolate, rolled in sugar and baked until perfectly fluffy. Each bite is loaded full of peanut butter, chocolate, caramel bliss!
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup for coating
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 caramel-stuffed chocolates, such as Dove (about 1 package)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Mix in the egg until combined. Then, mix in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until a cookie dough forms. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop the dough into balls. Gently press a chocolate caramel into the center of the cookie dough ball, pinch the edges together to seal in the chocolate, then quickly roll the dough ball in between your hands to create a round cookie dough ball. Repeat until all the cookies are stuffed.
- Roll the prepared cookie dough balls into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar to coat each one evenly. Place on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the prepared cookie dough balls a couple inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for about 6 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and use a fork to gently press the cookie dough balls down in a criss-cross fashion.
- Place the cookies back in the oven and bake for another 6-8 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly golden brown and the centers have set. Let the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat until all the cookies have been baked.
- Creamy peanut butter works best for this recipe.
- Refrigerating the prepared cookie dough balls prior to baking helps the chocolate caramels to not melt out the sides.
- Pressing the cookie dough balls down with a fork halfway through the baking process helps the cookies to flatten a bit as they won’t much otherwise.