Chipotle Steak and Peppers is a dinner recipe that is calling your name! Thinly sliced steak is tossed together with chipotle powder and other seasonings, seared to perfection and combined with vibrant red bell peppers. A one-pan meal that you can depend on to deliver a fork-full of flavor. With so many different ways to serve, Chipotle Steak and Peppers is a versatile dinner option to put into your rotation!
How to Make Chipotle Steak and Peppers
Whipping up a batch of this Chipotle Steak and Peppers only requires one pan and can be ready to go in 30 minutes. There’s nothing like a one-pan, 30-minute meal! Let’s dive on in:
To start, you take thinly sliced steak and toss it together with chipotle powder, seasoned salt and onion powder. Working in batches, sear the steak pieces in a little bit of olive oil on both sides until cooked through. Set the steak aside for later use.
Then, add the sliced bell peppers to the skillet and sauté. Up next comes the fun part, deglaze the pan with a little bit of light beer! If you don’t want to use beer, you can use a little bit of chicken or beef stock. The liquid just helps to keep the dish full of flavor and not dry out.
Finally, toss the steak back in with the peppers and you are ready to go!
What Type of Steak to Use
When it comes to what type of steak to use for this recipe, there’s several options! Ideally, you want to use a steak that is naturally tender, you can thinly slice and cook quickly. Here are my recommendations:
- Flat Iron Steak – I feel like this is a cut of meat that is often over-looked or confused with the flank steak. It is actually very tender and works perfectly to be thinly sliced!
- Ribeye – a tender cut of steak with a lot of good marbling/fat content.
- Sirloin – one of my favorites! Has good flavor with just the right amount of fat ratio to it for my liking.
Quick Tip: ask your butcher to thinly slice the steak for you so that you don’t have to do it at home! Saves you time and clean-up.
How to Serve Chipotle Steak and Peppers
Serving this recipe can be very versatile to fit your liking! One of my favorite ways is to serve it as-is over my Coconut Cilantro Rice with some sliced avocado. I’m dreaming of it now! Here are some other ways to serve Chipotle Steak and Peppers:
- Burritos – pull out some tortillas, fill them up and roll with it!
- Burrito Bowls – build your own burrito bowl! The topping possibilities are endless: rice, beans, sour cream, cheese, guac, salsa…
- Tacos – perfect for taco tuesday! Fill your taco shells and dig in.
- Quesadillas – a fun way to use up some leftovers! Add in some cheese and you are set.
After I served this Chipotle Steak and Peppers to John for the first time, he said that he could eat this every day! He loved it! I love how it only requires a handful of ingredients, one pan and can be ready in under 30 minutes. We both loved heating up the leftovers of this dish for lunch the next day – you really can’t go wrong! Especially when it’s over this Coconut Cilantro Rice – they’re the perfect pair.
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!