Chipotle Salmon with Fresh Corn Salsa is a flavor-packed dinner recipe! Salmon filets are dusted with a homemade chipotle seasoning blend, grilled to flaky perfection, and then topped off with a sweet, zesty corn salsa.
- (4) 6 oz salmon filets
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 ears of fresh corn, kernels removed
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to high heat, about 450-500 degrees. Evenly coat the salmon filets with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the chipotle powder with the seasoned salt. Generously season all sides of the salmon filets with the seasoning blend.
- Grill the salmon skin side up for about 5 minutes before carefully flipping over. The salmon filets should naturally release from the grill grates when they are ready to be flipped. Grill for another 3-5 minutes until desired cooking temperature is achieved. 125 degrees for rare and up to 145 degrees for well done.
- While the salmon is cooking, combine the fresh corn kernels, tomatoes, red onion and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the salmon with the fresh corn salsa over the top. Enjoy!
- King or Sockeye salmon filets can be used.
- To save you even more time, you can make the fresh corn salsa a day in advance! It even gives all the flavors more time to marry together and is wonderful!
- This recipe is a great meal-prep option. Let the salmon cool completely after cooking and store in the refrigerator separate from the fresh corn salsa for a couple days.
- If you don’t want to grill, the salmon can also be seared in a skillet on medium-high heat or baked in a 400 degree oven.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Sodium: 531mg
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 36.8g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
Keywords: Chipotle Salmon with Fresh Corn Salsa