Cheesy Garlic Bread is a classic favorite. Italian bread loaded full of fresh herbs, garlic and loads of cheese to make it extra gooey and cheesy in all the right ways. Get the ultimate cheese pull with a slice of this Cheesy Garlic Bread!
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 4 oz mild cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, chives, garlic and salt until smooth. Arrange the two bread slices on a baking sheet, insides facing up. Evenly spread the butter mixture on the two halves.
- Toss the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese together and evenly spread across the two bread halves.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Broil for 1-2 minutes if needed to get the center of the bread pieces more golden brown if desired.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Freshly grated cheese tends to melt a lot better and makes the bread ultra cheesy. Pre-shredded cheese can also be used.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 1068mg
- Fat: 24.7g
- Carbohydrates: 51.4g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 20.6g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Keywords: Cheesy Garlic Bread