Cheesy Crab Dip is warm, creamy and downright delicious! Lump crab meat is folded together with cream cheese, sour cream, zesty seasonings and topped with cheddar cheese. The result is a dip recipe that is bubbly, cheesy and loaded full of hearty crab flavors!
If you’re in the midwest as I am, crab meat may not be a prominent ingredient in the grocery stores, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make ourselves some Cheesy Crab Dip! If you’re someone who lives on either coast and has access to super fresh crab meat – DO IT! And know that we are all jealous.
I was able to find fresh, lump crab meat in the refrigerated section at Costco and it was perfect. I can’t link directly to it at Costco, but it was Chicken of the Sea Lump Crab Meat. There are canned and refrigerated options. I went with the refrigerated and loved it! It looks like Target has a similar option here.
Just make sure you are purchasing lump crab meat vs. imitation crab meat. There’s a big difference! Imitation crab meat, is well, imitation. We want the real deal!
There are several seasonings that really bring this dip to life. Here’s the inside scoop:
- Old Bay Seasoning – it’s just a classic! It pairs so perfectly with the crab meat and gives the dip a “zesty, seafood-y” taste that can’t be beat.
- Worcestershire Sauce – it may seem odd to add Worcestershire sauce to this recipe, but it really helps add a depth of flavor!
- Lemon Juice – really brightens things up! Freshly squeezed is preferred.
- Garlic – can you ever have too much garlic? I don’t think so. It just makes everything better! I always keep this minced garlic on hand for quick and easy use.
- Green Onion – not only does it add a pop of green color, but adds a wonderful onion flavor without being too over-powering! Chives can also be used here.
How to Serve
After the dip comes out of the oven all bubbly and delicious, it’s time to dig in! There’s several dipping mechanisms that can be used:
- Crackers – I love the buttery ones.
- Baguette Slices – I mean, can you imagine how great this dip would be smeared across a buttery, crispy baguette slice? Count me in! Use my Super Simple Garlic Bread recipe to take the baguette slices to the next level!
- Tortilla Chips – the thin and crispy ones would be my choice here! Any tortilla chips would work though.
This dip recipe is perfect for any holiday party, game day or celebration. There’s just something about a crab dip that calls for a party. Guests will dig in and the dip will be devoured!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!