Get ready for a two-in-one combo that will rock your world.
Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes is a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Sautéed onions and garlic provide a fragrant base to the savory ground beef filling, mixed with classic condiments like Worcestershire, mustard, and ketchup.
Serve your sloppy joes on your favorite hamburger bun and top with a slice of American cheese.
Bonus points: See how many other classic cheeseburger toppings you can pack in between the buns.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup ketchup
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- American cheese slices for serving
- Hamburger buns for serving
- Crumbled bacon
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion in and sauté for several minutes until translucent. Add in the garlic and sauté another 30 seconds or so.
- Add the ground beef into the skillet and break apart and brown until cooked through.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar and salt into the ground beef and stir to combine and create a sauce.
- Allow the mixture to come to a simmer for a couple minutes.
- To serve, spoon the sloppy joe filling over hamburger buns, top with a slice of American cheese and any other classic hamburger toppings desired and dig in!
- Serve these cheeseburger sloppy joes on classic buns with fries as the side! Or, make “Cheeseburger Sloppy Joe Bowls” and serve the filling over roasted potatoes topped with your favorite burger toppings.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: 30 Minute Meal
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 399
- Sugar: 14.7g
- Fat: 14.8g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 48.2g
Keywords: Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes