Cheeseburger Bowls are a fun way to eat a classic cheeseburger! Ground beef is simmered with ketchup and mustard to give it the iconic cheeseburger flavors. Then, it’s time for the fun part! Layer together your Cheeseburger Bowl with your favorite toppings, french fries and more to create a deconstructed cheeseburger for a fun and delicious dinner!
What KJ Loves about this Recipe
A cheeseburger in a bowl? Count me in! I love how fun this recipe is, and how customizable it is! Layer it together with your favorite toppings (I’ve gotta have my cheese and pickles for sure!) and classic side dishes such as french fries, tater tots or onion rings. How fun is that? Make your weeknight dinner colorful and fun with a build-your-own cheeseburger bowl meal, or serve a cheeseburger bowl bar for your friends and family to get creative and layer up their creations.
The star of this recipe is the simple yet delicious cheeseburger filling. And a plus side? Only a handful of ingredients are needed! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground beef – I like to use either an 80/20, 85/15 or 90/10 mixture.
- Mustard – classic, bright yellow mustard does the trick!
- Ketchup – can’t have a cheeseburger without some ketchup. Grab your favorite bottle!
After the ingredients are ready to go, follow a few simple steps to have the filling cooked and ready for building your cheeseburger bowls!
Brown the ground beef – brown and lightly crumble the ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. If you are using a 90/10 ground beef, a little olive oil may need to be used to help the ground beef along since it is lower in fat.
Mix in the sauces – once the beef is browned, the sauces go in! Stir to evenly combine.
Simmer – all the flavors just need a few minutes to simmer together. This helps it all come together and make the filling nice and saucy!
See? How simple and great is that? Minimal cooking and minimal ingredients required.
Cheeseburger Bowl Toppings
There’s no doubt that the toppings are the funnest part of this recipe! Get creative and have fun with your favorite cheeseburger toppings. Here are some ideas:
- Cheese – shredded cheddar is my choice! Want a spicy kick? Grab some pepper jack!
- Pickles – classic dill pair perfectly.
- Tomatoes – slice or dice up your favorite tomatoes to layer on.
- Lettuce – butter or crispy ice burg lettuce work great here.
- Onion – dice up some onion for a classic, sharp bite!
- Bacon – you can never go wrong with a bacon cheeseburger!
- French fries – can you have a burger without fries? I don’t think so! Grab a classic crinkle cut or straight edge.
- Tater tots – another classic, crispy potato option to pair with your cheeseburger bowl.
- Onion rings – prefer something a little extra than a french fry? Try onion rings!
- Sweet potato fries – salty and sweet!
How will you top your cheeseburger bowl?
To Sauce or Not to Sauce?
After you have your cheeseburger bowl assembled and ready to go, it’s time to ask yourself a question: to sauce or not to sauce? You can really go either way! Here are some of my favorite sauces that would work great on top of these cheeseburger bowls:
- Ketchup & Mustard – stick to the classics and drizzle on a little bit extra ketchup or mustard on top of your bowl!
- Mayo – keep it classic with the original mayo or spice it up with a sriracha mayo!
- Chick-fil-a Sauce – now that you can buy this iconic sauce at most local grocery stores, go for it!
- Ranch Dressing – a little ranch dressing never hurt nobody! Drizzle on some classic ranch dressing, or grab a zesty bottle of chipotle ranch!
- BBQ Sauce – add on your favorite smoky bbq sauce to amp up the flavor!
- Honey Mustard Dressing – a little zesty sweetness to layer onto your cheeseburger bowl.
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!