Cheese Stuffed Burgers are perfect for your Summer grilling season! Seasoned burger patties are stuffed with cubes of cheese (Velveeta for the win!) and grilled. The result: a juicy, cheesy burger that you can’t resist biting into! Why not have your cheese inside your hamburger?
- 2 pounds ground beef, such as 80/20 or 85/15
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. In a large bowl, gently combine the ground beef, egg, oats, Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt. Split the hamburger meat into 10 equal portions rolled into balls, about 3/4 cup worth each.
- Gently press a cheese cube into the center of each prepared hamburger ball. Rolling it together again to completely cover the cheese inside the hamburger. Gently flatten into a patty, making sure that the cheese stays in the center and is not exposed.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is achieved. About 155-160 degrees for a medium-well burger.
- If shredded cheese is being used, split the prepared hamburger balls into two and flatten into patties. Place the shredded cheese in the center of one and cover with the second patty, crimping the edges to seal the cheese into the center.
- These burgers can also be cooked on the stovetop in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil. A good, cast-iron skillet works best.
- The cheese in the center of the burgers will be melted and hot once cooked, so be mindful and careful when biting into one to not burn your tongue!
- Serve with your classic hamburger toppings: buns, ketchup, mustard, pickle, onion, lettuce, tomato etc.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 537
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 777mg
- Fat: 40.2g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 152mg
Keywords: cheese stuffed burgers, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, grilling, recipe, ground beef