Cheese Stuffed Burgers are perfect for your Summer grilling season! Seasoned burger patties are stuffed with cubes of cheese (Velveeta for the win!) and grilled. The result: a juicy, cheesy burger that you can’t resist biting into! Why not have your cheese inside your hamburger?
Ingredients Needed for Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Grilling up a batch of hamburgers doesn’t need to be fussy. I mean, it’s a burger! It just needs to be downright delicious and nostalgic. Aren’t burgers just that way? Plus, they just hit different in the heat of Summer. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground beef – 80/20 or 85/15 are great ratios to use!
- Egg – this helps bind the burgers together so that they don’t fall apart on the grill.
- Old Fashioned Oats – this may sound strange, but it’s how I grew up making and eating burgers in my family! Think of the oats like bread crumbs – they help bind the burgers together as well!
- Worcestershire sauce
- Seasoned salt
- Velveeta cheese – or another brand of processed cheese (Velveeta is the winner if you ask me!) Shredded cheddar cheese can also be used.
How to Stuff the Burgers
You may be thinking, “Stuffing burgers with cheese? Who has time for that?!” Well, you do! 🙂 When it comes down to it, the process of stuffing burgers with cheese is really quite simple. Especially when you are working with processed cheese, such as Velveeta, cut into cubes. Makes your life as easy as it does delicious! Follow these simple steps to stuff the burgers with cheese:
- Gently mix the hamburger patty ingredients together.
- Form a ball in your hand, about 3/4 cup worth.
- Press the cube of cheese into the center of the ball and re-roll the hamburger meat around it to completely wrap it up.
- Gently flatten into a patty, being careful to keep the cheese cube centered and covered. Voila!
If you are using shredded cheese instead of the cubed Velveeta, then the process is going to look a little different. After you form your hamburger ball, split it in half and flatten each half into a patty. Place the shredded cheese in the middle of one of patties, and the cover it with the second patty, crimping the edges together to seal the cheese in. You will want to be careful that the shredded cheese stays in the middle so it doesn’t seep out of the sides when cooking.
Cheese Stuffed Burgers FAQ
Can the burgers be cooked on the stovetop?
Yes! Simply pre-heat a good skillet (cast iron preferably) with a little bit of olive oil over medium heat and get to cooking!
Does beef have to be used for the burgers?
This same concept can be applied to burgers using ground turkey, chicken or pork!
How do you know when the burgers are done cooking?
If you are still getting comfortable with your grill or skillet, the easiest way to make sure the burgers are cooked to the desired doneness is a meat thermometer. Inserted into the center of the burgers, the meat thermometer should read 155-160 degrees for a medium-well done burger.
Looking for another hamburger recipe? Check out these Chipotle Jack Burgers for a fun twist!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!