Flaky biscuits are stuffed with cheddar and baked until golden brown on top—and soft and gooey in the middle. Brush the tops with an herb butter and pull apart a cheesy biscuit and dunk it in marinara for an instant smile.
Cheese-stuffed biscuit bombs are a great appetizer or side dish. They’re quick and easy to make, with only 5 ingredients. Plus, they’re a crowd-pleaser. Let’s face it: everyone loves cheesy carbs.
For the holidays: Imagine dragging these biscuits across your Thanksgiving plate of mashed potatoes and gravy…
On a game day: Serve them up with marinara, alfredo sauce, or store-bought pesto. Or all of the above, because why limit the flavor?
Cheese-stuffed biscuit bombs could even make an appearance at breakfast. Sunny side up eggs, anyone?
- 1 tube of pre-made biscuits (8 biscuits, roughly 16 ounces)
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Remove the biscuits from the tube and gently pull each one in half to create two biscuits out of one.
- Place a cube of the cheddar cheese in the center of each biscuit half, pinch the edges of the biscuit to completely enclose the piece of cheese and then gently roll in between your hands to create a ball. 16 biscuit bombs should be created. Place the prepared biscuit into a lightly greased 9×9 baking pan, oversized pie pan or cast iron skillet. Repeat until all the biscuits have been stuffed and rolled.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and fluffy. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and thyme. Brush the tops of all the baked biscuits with the herb butter.
- Serve as a side dish to a holiday meal, or dunk into some marinara sauce for the ultimate appetizer!
- I love to use buttermilk biscuits for this recipe!
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 689mg
- Fat: 18.4g
- Carbohydrates: 25.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
Keywords: Cheese Stuffed Biscuit Bombs