Carrot Zucchini Morning Glory Muffins is a scrumptious muffin recipe loaded full of goodies! From shredded carrot and zucchini, to walnuts and raisins, these muffins are delicious from the inside out. Made with coconut oil and sprinkled with cinnamon to reflect the classic morning glory muffin. Perfect for breakfast or brunch!
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Whisk in the brown sugar until clump-free.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and use a rubber spatula to gently fold the muffin batter together until combined, being careful to not over-mix. Fold in the carrot, zucchini, walnuts and raisins.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 3 tablespoons worth) to fill a muffin pan lined with liners with the batter until each muffin is roughly 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are just golden brown. Repeat until all the batter has been used. Allow to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
- If you don’t have coconut oil on hand, vegetable oil can be used.
- Whole wheat flour or a gluten free flour mix can be subbed in for the regular flour if desired.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes