These Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun and delicious spin on the classic chocolate chipper! Trust me, they are more simple to make than you think. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk, because you have some cookies to eat.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 14 soft caramels, unwrapped
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Slowly add in the eggs one at a time, making sure to wipe down the edges in between each addition. Add in the vanilla and mix until combined.
- With the mixer speed on low, slowly add in the flour mixture to the eggs and butter until a dough forms. Add in the chocolate chips and mix until just combined, being careful to not over-mix the dough. Refrigerate and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- To form the cookies, scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a non-greased cookie sheet, about 2-3 inches apart (I could fit 6 on my standard size baking sheet). Lightly press a caramel into the center of each cookie dough ball to fit the caramel in and slightly flatten the dough. Top each caramel with another tablespoon scoop of cookie dough, making sure to press down slightly (but not flatten) so that the caramel is completely covered with dough and it won’t bake out the sides. Continue this process until all the cookies are formed.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden brown and cooked through. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven before transferring them to a plate or rack to cool as you will want the caramels to set slightly before moving.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes