Mozzarella pearls, baby heirloom tomatoes, and a dash of balsamic vinegar make these zoodles sing. The caprese salad is such a classic and vibrant combination, and tossing the ingredients together with the zoodles creates a delicious and healthy dish that can be served as a cold “salad” or warm with some grilled chicken laid over the top of it. Serve this up as a delicious side dish, salad, lunch or mid-day snack and you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 oz baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lightly chopped basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a spiral attachment or device, spiral the two zucchini to make zoodles according to the device instructions.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Quickly boil half of the zucchini noodles for about a minute and then remove from the water and let cool. Lightly toss the raw zoodles and the cooked zoodles together in a large bowl with the lemon juice to keep the noodles from browning.
- In a separate small bowl, toss together the tomatoes with the olive oil and salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil to the zucchini noodles and lightly toss until all of the ingredients are combined. Lightly drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes