Candy Cane Blossoms are a Christmas cookie full of cheer! A classic, sugar cookie base is mixed together with crushed candy canes until perfectly speckled. Rolled in sugar, baked and then topped with a candy cane kiss candy, each cookie will make you feel merry and bright!
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus an additional 1/2 cup for coating
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely crushed candy canes (about 7 candy canes)
- 25 candy cane kisses, such as Hershey’s
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the egg and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until a cookie dough forms. Add in the crushed candy canes and mix until combined. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop the dough into cookie dough balls. Lightly roll each cookie dough ball in the additional 1/2 cup of sugar and place on an un-greased cookie sheet a few inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the centers of the cookies have set and just start to turn slightly golden brown. Let the cookies cool slightly before gently pressing a candy cane kiss into the center of each cookie. Repeat until all the cookie dough has been used.
- Refrigerating the dough helps the cookies keep their form. You can make the dough a day in advance if needed.
- You will need about 7 candy canes to crush for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes