Cajun Stir Fry is a vibrant twist on a favorite weeknight meal! Classic stir fry takes a vacation when shrimp are tossed in cajun seasoning and seared with cajun-style smoked sausage. Toss in some sliced bell peppers and sauté to perfection. You only need a handful of ingredients for a delicious, flavor-packed dinner!
- 13 oz cajun-style smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss the shrimp with the cajun seasoning until evenly coated.
- Add the shrimp and the sausage into the skillet and sauté until browned and seared on both sides, about 3-5 minutes on each side. If your skillet isn’t large enough to allow the shrimp and sausage to sear evenly and not be over-crowded, you may need to do this in batches. Set the seared shrimp and sausage aside.
- Add the sliced bell peppers into the skillet and sauté for several minutes until seared and cooked through. Add the shrimp and sausage back into the skillet with the peppers and gently toss together to combine and warm back up. Enjoy!
- If you aren’t a fan of shrimp, cubed chicken can be used instead. You will need to add more cooking time as it will take longer than shrimp.
- Serve this cajun stir fry over a bed of rice, with tortillas and toppings or just as-is!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes