Cajun Stir Fry is a vibrant twist on a favorite weeknight meal! Classic stir fry takes a vacation when shrimp are tossed in cajun seasoning and seared with cajun-style smoked sausage. Toss in some sliced bell peppers and sauté to perfection. You only need a handful of ingredients for a delicious, flavor-packed dinner!
Ingredients Needed for Cajun Stir Fry
One of the main things I love about this fun dinner recipe – it only requires 6 ingredients! How great is that? Perfect for a quick, weeknight meal!
- Cajun-style smoked sausage (I like to use this brand)
- Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
How to Make Cajun Stir Fry
Secondly, this stir fry dinner couldn’t get any easier! It’s all made in one skillet, which means minimal dishes (count me in!). All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Toss the shrimp in the cajun seasoning. Cut the cajun-style smoked sausage into rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and sear the shrimp and sausage together. If your skillet isn’t large enough to evenly sear it all at once, you may need to do this in a couple batches. Set the shrimp and sausage aside.
- Add the bell pepper into the skillet and sauté until perfectly seared.
- Add the shrimp and sausage back in and gently toss to combine.
And voila! Dinner is served. I love how you can take the skillet straight to the table and dig in.
Serving Cajun Stir Fry
Next up, let’s talk about the different ways you can serve this cajun stir fry! I love all the different possibilites.
- Serve on a bed of Coconut Cilantro Rice (our favorite way)
- Serve with tortillas and classic stir fry toppings such as guac, sour cream, or your favorite salsas!
- Serve as Cajun Stir Fry bowls – things such as rice, beans, avocado and vibrant fruit salsas come to my mind as toppings.
- Use the leftovers as a quesadilla filling! Toss in some melty Monterey Jack cheese and you are set.
Any way that it is served, Cajun Stir Fry is bound to be a fun twist to your dinner schedule. I love how lively the flavors are!
Classic stir fry takes a trip down to Louisiana and it becomes a delicious combo!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!