Cajun chicken pasta marries creamy comfort with bold spice. Tender pieces of chicken are seared until golden brown in Cajun seasoning, then simmered in a rich sauce packed full of flavor. Toss it all together with some bowtie pasta for a delicious chicken dinner!
My husband said that this is the best chicken dish that I’ve made. It’s pretty darn tasty! Plus, the meal can be made in one pot, which makes cleanup easy. Whip up this Cajun chicken pasta recipe for yourself and see what the fuss is all about!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound Farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, gently toss the chicken together with 1 tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning until completely coated. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Working in batches to not over-crowd the pan, sear the chicken pieces for a couple minutes on all sides, or until golden brown. Do not worry about cooking the chicken all the way through at this point. Once seared, transfer to a plate for later use.
- In that same skillet, add in the onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté for a couple minutes, avoiding any browning or burning. Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning and combine. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and stir to combine. Add in the heavy cream, chicken stock and cream cheese.
- Reduce the heat to low and bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the cream cheese is melted into the sauce. Add the chicken back into the sauce and allow to simmer on low for 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain. When the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through, add the pasta into the sauce and gently toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with chopped green onion or parsley if desired. Enjoy!
- If your cajun seasoning is more spicy, start off with only 1 teaspoon and add on from there.
- If you want some extra heat, add in 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper at a time until desired heat level is reached.
- If your sauce gets too thick after simmering, add in 1/2 cup of additional chicken stock until desired consistency is achieved.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can be used in place of the chicken breasts if desired.
- This pasta makes great leftovers and reheats very nicely!
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 678
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Fat: 28.5g
- Carbohydrates: 61.6g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 41.7g
- Cholesterol: 136mg
Keywords: Cajun Chicken Pasta