Butterscotch Pudding is an old-fashioned dessert that never went out of style. A homemade, luscious butterscotch pudding is topped with whipped cream and toffee bits for the perfect balance of creamy and crunchy. Each spoonful will take you back in time!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 oz butterscotch chips (about half a cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Whipped cream for topping
- Toffee bits for topping
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, whisk together the sugar and corn starch until clump-free. Slowly whisk in the milk to work out and avoid any clumps. Whisk in the salt.
- Bring the pot to a very low simmer over low-medium heat, whisking occasionally to avoid clumps, about 5-8 minutes. The pudding base will have thickened.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butterscotch chips, butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour into desired glasses or ramekins and refrigerate for 4 hours minimum and up to 24 hours in advance.
- Top with the whipped cream and toffee bits before serving. Enjoy!
- The butterscotch pudding can be made in advance. Top with the whipped cream and toffee bits right before serving.
- Make this pudding into a trifle by layering cooled pudding with brownies (or blondies), whipped cream and toffee bits!
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes