Brown Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything a cookie should be and more. Gooey, chewy, buttery and chocolatey. The addition of brown butter adds a toffee-like flavor to these cookies. Combined with white chocolate chips, you have a cookie match made in heaven!
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 11 oz white chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pan over low-medium heat, melt 1 stick of butter. Stir occasionally and watch carefully until the butter is browned, it will smell nutty and toffee-like. The butter can burn easily, so make sure to keep a close eye on it and remove it from the heat immediately once browned. Pour the browned butter into the bottom of your mixing bowl and allow to cool and harden slightly, about 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add the remaining stick of butter in with the brown butter. Mix on medium speed to combined. Add in the sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a minute.
- Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time, wiping down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix until a cookie dough forms. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet, placing each one a few inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the centers have set and the cookies are slightly golden brown. Allow to cool slightly on the sheet pan before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat until all the cookie dough has been used.
- Want to add a little extra pizazz to your cookies? Save a couple handfuls of the white chocolate chips and add a few to the cookie dough balls before baking. Each cookie will then have white chocolate chips inside and on top!
- Cool the cookies completely before storing in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes