Blueberry Pancakes are exactly what you need for breakfast or brunch! Can’t you just smell these pancakes on a Saturday morning? A slightly sweet, classic vanilla pancake batter is speckled with fresh blueberries that are bursting with flavor. Simple, yet so delicious. Topped with a pad of butter and maple syrup, these Blueberry Pancakes are simply irresistible!
Pancakes are a classic breakfast item. Funny fact about me: I LOVE raw pancake batter! I know I’m in the minority on this, but I can’t get enough of it! When whipping up a quick batch of pancake mix, I typically undercook my pancakes and then drizzle with the extra batter before I add my syrup…I know – I’m crazy (insert all the laughing/crying face emojis here). Now, I don’t recommmend doing that with a pancake batter that has raw eggs in it, but I still like to lick the spatula clean!
How to make homemade Blueberry Pancakes:
Making these Blueberry Pancakes at home is hassle-free – all you need is a few simple pantry ingredients! Let’s break it down quick:
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla to make the pancake batter. Fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Let the batter rest! This is important to get a light, fluffy batter.
- Ladle 1/2 cup-fulls of batter onto a hot, non-stick skillet and flip once the pancake starts to bubble on top.
- Once cooked through and light and fluffy, drizzle the Blueberry Pancakes with syrup and dig in!
Tips for making Blueberry Pancakes:
- Make sure you don’t skip resting the batter – it’s really key to light and fluffy pancakes!
- Use a really good non-stick skillet that you trust. If you don’t have a good non-stick skillet, then I recommend using a heavy-duty cast iron skillet that you can butter.
- If you don’t have fresh blueberries on hand, you can use frozen! Just make sure that they are thawed completely and drained so that they don’t make your pancake batter sloppy.
- Have fun! Make perfect circles, fun shapes or homestyle pancakes that are not perfect circles around the edges. I like to go for the last option!
These Blueberry Pancakes are bursting with fresh blueberry flavor! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or brinner – you can’t go wrong!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!