Blistered Tomato Garlic Butter Pasta is a simple, yet satisfying pasta dish! Fresh, juicy tomatoes that have been blistered in an herb butter are the stars of this recipe. Toss it all together with some spaghetti, a little bit of cheese and you are ready to eat!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, baby roma tomatoes or baby heirloom tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup pasta water saved from spaghetti
- 1 standard package spaghetti (about 17.6 oz)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the tomatoes (whole) and gently toss to coat. Allow the tomatoes to blister (but not burn) for several minutes. They may pop every once in a while and that is ok. Add in the fresh basil, thyme, parsley and garlic and toss to coat. Reduce the heat if needed to keep the butter from browning or burning.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Before straining, save 1 cup of pasta water and set aside. Once the pasta is drained, add it in with the blistered tomatoes, the 1 cup of saved pasta water, salt, pepper and the Asiago cheese. Gently use tongs to toss it all together until combined.
- Serve with additional fresh tomatoes, basil or cheese if desired.
- You can use any small tomatoes you have on hand for this recipe!
- A protein can easily be added to this recipe as well. Grilled chicken or shrimp would be delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes