To say that I’m obsessed with this Blackberry Baked Brie appetizer is an understatement! A creamy round of brie is gently wrapped in a buttery pie crust and baked until golden brown. Topped with a warm, blackberry sauce, each bite is gooey, cheesy, buttery and then slightly sweet & tangy from the blackberries! It’s a match made in heaven!
- 8 oz round of brie cheese
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 oz blackberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the brie in the center of the rolled out pie crust. Gently fold and tuck the pie crust over the top of the brie to create a wheel. Making sure that there are no seams where the brie could seep through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and tablespoon of water. Brush the top and sides of the pie crust-wrapped brie with the egg wash. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pie crust is golden brown.
- Add the blackberries to a sauce pan with the sugar and thyme over low heat. Gently stir and occasionally smoosh a few of the blackberries to help break them down and create a sauce. Allow the blackberries to simmer for about 10 minutes, or until a sauce has formed. Leave some of the blackberries whole for texture and contrast.
- After the brie comes out of the oven, gently move it to the desired serving platter, top with the blackberry compote sauce and serve with your choice of crackers or bread pieces. Enjoy!
- I use a store-bought pie crust for ease, but a homemade pie crust can also be used!
- The blackberry sauce can be made in advance and re-heated a bit before topping and serving.
- Serve the brie immediately as you want all that warm, gooey, cheesy goodness!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes