Enchiladas will always hold a special place in my heart as they were one of my Grandpa’s specialties, and these beef and cream cheese enchiladas do not disappoint! Tortillas are rolled up with ground beef, cream cheese and lettuce to create a decadent enchilada!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups enchilada sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups baby romaine lettuce
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese, plus 1 cup to top the enchiladas with
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and the beef and cook until the meat is browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare an assembly line to make your enchiladas. Spread 1 cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 13×9 pan. Spread another 1 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a round plate, pan or platter (whatever works!) that is large enough to dip the tortillas into the sauce.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, dip both sides into the prepped enchilada sauce on the plate to coat both sides of the tortilla with enchilada sauce. Splitting the filling ingredients (ground beef, cream cheese, lettuce and cheddar cheese) evenly between the 8 tortillas, fill the dipped tortilla with the filling ingredients, roll it up tightly and place into the prepared 13×9 pan. Continue until all of the tortillas have been dipped, filled, rolled and tucked in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining 4 cups of enchilada sauce over the top of the prepared enchiladas, making sure that all of the tortillas are covered. Using the separate cup of shredded cheese, sprinkle an even layer of cheese over the top of the enchiladas.
- Bake the enchiladas for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese topping is melted and the sauce is bubbling. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes