BBQ Chicken Meatballs are scrumptious and downright delicious! Fresh, ground chicken is rolled together with seasonings and bread crumbs to create the meatballs. Seared until perfectly golden brown, they are then simmered in a bbq sauce until tender and sticky. The end result one flavorful meatball!
- 2 pounds Smart Chicken Ground Chicken Breast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- Add the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, seasoned salt and garlic to a large bowl. Use your hands to gently combine all of the ingredients, trying not to over-mix. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop the meatballs out in even portions. Gently roll each one in between your palms to create a perfectly round meatball.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Working in batches, sear all of the meatballs until golden brown on both sides. Set the seared meatballs aside.
- Pour the tomato sauce and bbq sauce into the skillet and stir to combine. Submerge the meatballs into the sauce and gently toss to coat each one. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes, or until the meatballs are tender and cooked through. Remove the lid and gently toss and simmer the meatballs with the sauce to create a sticky, bbq meatball, about a few minutes. Enjoy!
- These meatballs can be served many different ways! Here are some ideas: appetizers, meatball sandwiches, salad toppings, or the main course!
- Use your favorite bbq sauce for this recipe – mine is Sweet Baby Ray’s!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 25.4
- Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 40.9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 19.3g
Keywords: BBQ Chicken Meatballs, Meatballs, Chicken