BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a fun and delicious healthy meal option. Picture this: tender butter lettuce cups filled with succulent bbq chicken and topped with a vibrant, fresh corn salsa. Each bite is an explosion of flavor! Perfect for a weeknight meal, lunch option or a quick meal to get on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skin-less chicken breast or tenders – cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 10 oz roma or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 bulb butter lettuce
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chicken in and season with the seasoned salt. Sauté the chicken for about 5 minutes on both sides until perfectly seared and cooked through. Add in the bbq sauce and toss to coat. Reduce the heat to low for a couple minutes then turn off the heat.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the corn salsa. Cut the kernels off the fresh corn cobs and add to a bowl with the halved tomatoes and chopped cilantro. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently pull the butter lettuce leaves apart from the bulb. Serve and assemble by using the lettuce as a wrap like a tortilla and add in a spoonful of bbq chicken and top with the fresh corn salsa.
- If you don’t have time to make the bbq chicken from scratch, you can use a rotisserie chicken that has been lightly shredded! Toss to coat with the bbq sauce and warm through.
- Use your favorite kind of bbq sauce – my personal favorite is Sweet Baby Rays!
- The fresh corn salsa can be made a day in advance.
- Store the leftovers separate from each other.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes