BBQ Baked Beans are the perfect side dish for all your Summer dinners! I’m taking baked beans to the next level by swirling in bbq sauce, spices and crispy bacon – and an added bonus of only taking 45 minutes to make! Each spoon full is finger lickin’ good! A side dish that packs a flavor surprise to keep everyone going back for more.
- 8 oz thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 32 oz light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 32 oz dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add in the bacon and sauté until browned and crispy. Transfer the bacon to a side plate for later use. Add in the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes, not allowing to burn. Add in garlic, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the light and dark red kidney beans into the pot along with the bbq sauce, ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
- Slow cooker method: Add all of the ingredients into a slow cooker, stir to combine, cover with the lid and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. Crisping the bacon on the stovetop prior to adding it into the slow cooker is recommended.
- Instant Pot method: Sauté the bacon until crispy in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Transfer to a side plate and then add in the onion to sauté for a few minutes. Add in all of the ingredients, stir to combine, and then allow to pressure cook for 2-3 minutes before releasing the steam.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 753
- Sugar: 29.9g
- Fat: 13.9g
- Carbohydrates: 119.8g
- Fiber: 24.5g
- Protein: 43.6g
Keywords: BBQ Baked Beans, Baked Beans, Side Dish, Summer Recipes