Banana Cream Pudding is an old-fashioned dessert brought back to life. A homemade, vanilla pudding is folded together with whipped cream until light and fluffy. Layered together with the classic Nilla wafers and sliced banana, each spoonful is loaded full of fluffy, sweet goodness!
What are the Layers of a Banana Cream Pudding?
When it comes to Banana Cream Pudding, the more simple, the better. This is just a classic dessert that doesn’t need to be messed with! Here’s a breakdown of the different layers:
- Nilla Wafers – just try to not eat half of the box while you make these, I dare you. Better yet, I recommend having two boxes on hand just fo this occasion haha! The Nilla Wafers can be left whole (pushed up against the side of the glass for presentation) or slightly crumbled. Personally, I like a mixture of both.
- Whipped Vanilla Pudding – with a simple homemade vanilla pudding, the flavor is out of this world! Folded together with whipped cream until light and fluffy, this layer is like a vanilla cloud.
- Bananas – this one is pretty straight forward. I like to grab the perfect yellow bananas – not too green and not too brown. Cut these up last and right before assembly as they do like to turn brown. They can be brushed with a bit of lemon juice to help keep their color if desired.
How to Assemble
Now, not only is this dessert simply scrumptious, but it’s pretty darn fun to assemble! Plus, there are several different options to go about it! Here’s some ideas:
- Individual glasses: perfect for individual portions. Guests could even build their own if it’s set up as a banana cream pudding bar! How fun would that be? Toss in some extra toppings just for the fun of it. I love these glasses from Crate & Barrel.
- One large trifle: the ultimate center piece. Make sure to push the Nilla Wafers and banana slices up against the sides of the glass to get the fun, defined layers. Here’s a classic trifle dish.
- Top it all off with additional whipped cream! I mean, you just can’t go wrong with that! Plus, a dusting of crushed Nilla Wafers never hurt nobody.
To me, this dessert just screams comfort and nostalgia. Take a spoonful of this Banana Cream Pudding to see what I’m talking about!
Looking for other dessert recipes? Look here!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!