Baked Ranch Mozzarella Sticks are a fun appetizer to bring to life in your own kitchen! A breading made up of Ranch seasonings, bread crumbs and spices completely coats creamy mozzarella sticks. Baked instead of fried, these mozzarella sticks are a flavorful, healthier version of this classic appetizer!
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 oz packet Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 12 mozzarella sticks, unwrapped (12 oz)
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Ranch seasoning and salt. In a separate smaller bowl, add in the egg and whisk it.
- Working with one mozzarella stick at a time, dredge it into the egg wash, then transfer it to the breading mixture to coat completely. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil that has been greased, making sure that they are not touching each other. Repeat until all of the mozzarella sticks have been coated. You can then go back and double dip if you would like any of them to have extra coating.
- Freeze the mozzarella sticks for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours in advance.
- Preheat your broiler to high. Bring the mozzarella sticks out of the freezer and transfer them on the foil to a baking sheet that is room temperature and not frozen.
- Generously spray the tops and sides of the mozzarella sticks with cooking spray or olive oil. Broil on high for 8-10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and heated through. Being careful to not over-cook as they will start to melt into each other.
- Serve right away with marinara sauce and Ranch dressing.
- Double the recipe to have a batch on hand in the freezer ready to go whenever you need a mozzarella stick fix! After they have been in the freezer for at least 4 hours, bag them in a freezer bag and you are set to go.
- Each broiler is different, so make sure to keep an eye on the mozzarella sticks as they are cooking and rotating the pan if necessary.
- Prep Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes