Baked French Toast is a breakfast casserole to get your hands on! Buttery brioche bread is dunked into a cinnamon-speckled custard, sprinkled with sugar and baked until perfectly golden brown and caramelized. An easy way to get French toast served for breakfast!
- 1 loaf Brioche bread (roughly 1 pound)
- 7 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons course/raw sugar
- Pure maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Working with one slice of bread at a time, dunk the bread into the prepared custard, covering all sides. Arrange in a greased 9×13 (or slightly smaller) baking dish in a cascading, fanning motion. Repeat until all the bread slices have been dunked.
- Pour the remaining custard over the top of the bread slices, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours in advance.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Evenly sprinkle the top of the prepared French toast with the course/raw sugar and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the French toast is cooked through.
- Garnish with pure maple syrup while still warm and serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Brioche or challah bread are my first options for this recipe. White bread can also be used.
- Prep time for this recipe includes 1 hour of refrigeration.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 22.8g
- Sodium: 281mg
- Fat: 22.9g
- Carbohydrates: 37.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 9.4g
- Cholesterol: 232mg
Keywords: Baked French Toast