Baked Cream Cheese Pasta is a creamier version of the viral Baked Feta Pasta. Cream cheese and grape tomatoes are coated with olive oil, butter, fresh herbs, and garlic and then baked until golden brown and bubbly. Stir it all together with your favorite pasta and fresh basil for a rich, cheesy, and irresistible dish!
Baked Cream Cheese Pasta is a no-fuss recipe that you can whip up quickly on a weeknight. But it’s also fancy enough for date night or guests! Simple ingredients. Easy cooking steps. Scrumptious outcome.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz grape or roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz pasta, such as bowties, rotini, shells or any small-shaped pasta.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Add the cream cheese to the bottom of a baking dish and pour the tomatoes in around it. Evenly season the cream cheese and tomatoes with the olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the tablespoons of butter in three different pads on top of the tomatoes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until everything is bubbly and golden brown. Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Use a spoon to gently smoosh and stir the tomatoes and cream cheese together to create a sauce while it is hot. Add in the cooked pasta, fresh basil and lemon juice and stir to coat. Enjoy!
- Any shape of small pasta can be used for this recipe.
- Fresh tomatoes, thyme and basil make the biggest difference!
- Customize this recipe by adding cooked chicken or shrimp on top for additional protein.
- Leftovers of this pasta re-heat wonderfully. Perfect for lunch the next day!
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 477
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 562mg
- Fat: 23.3g
- Carbohydrates: 56.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 12.2g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
Keywords: Baked Cream Cheese Pasta