Baked Cream Cheese Pasta is a creamier, more decadent version of the viral sensation, Baked Feta Pasta. Cream cheese and grape tomatoes are coated with olive oil. butter, fresh herbs and garlic and baked until golden brown and bubbly. Stir it all together with your favorite pasta and fresh basil for a pasta recipe that you won’t be able to resist!
What is Baked Cream Cheese Pasta?
If you have social media, you may have seen the viral sensation going around of a Baked Feta Pasta. When I was out in Grand Rapids visiting my best friend, Haley, we gave it a try. We both agreed: it needed something more creamy!
Therefore, Baked Cream Cheese Pasta was born. Why not use cream cheese instead of feta? With the addition of butter, olive oil, fresh herbs and garlic, this baked pasta recipe is one for the books.
Ingredients Needed for Baked Cream Cheese Pasta
I think that one of the main reasons this method of a baked pasta became so popular was the ease of it. From the ingredients to the actual cooking process. Let’s dive into the ingredients needed first:
- Cream cheese
- Grape or roma tomatoes
- Fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Tips for Cooking Baked Cream Cheese Pasta
Up next, baking! Preheat your oven and toss everything into a baking dish. Here are some of my tips for making this recipe come off without a hitch with full flavor:
- Pre-minced garlic – this is a staple pantry item in my house! Not only does it save you time on chopping garlic, but it lasts forever in the refrigerator!
- Fresh thyme – fresh thyme really adds a wonderful, bright flavor to this creamy dish. If you don’t have fresh on hand, you can use dried instead. Use about a teaspoon.
- Use good, fresh tomatoes – since the ingredient list is minimal, you want to make sure you are using good quality ingredients. With the tomatoes being a main ingredient, it’s best to use good-looking tomatoes!
- Leave it be – when it’s baking away in the oven, just let it do it’s thing! You want it to be all sorts of bubbly and golden brown. Not only does it break down the tomatoes to make it easy to stir together for a sauce, but it adds depth of flavor!
- Fresh basil is a must! Just as its preferred to use fresh thyme, you really can’t substitute the flavor of fresh basil. It’s just un-matched!
What Type of Pasta to Use
Since this recipe is all about ease and comfort, use whatever small-shaped pasta you have on hand! I’ve used both Penne and Bowties with this recipe. But, you could use shells, elbows, rotini, or campanelle.
Whatever shape your heart desires! Or whatever you have sitting in your cupboard haha. I would just try to stick to smaller-shaped pasta vs. spaghetti or fettuccini.
The ease and decadence of this pasta recipe makes it one to turn back to again and again. It can also be easily customized! We added grilled chicken on top with our leftover baked cream cheese pasta and it was delish! Add on your choice of protein to make it a full meal. Shrimp or chicken would be wonderful!
Looking for other weeknight meals? Look here!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!