Baked Apple Cider Donuts are a classic fall treat that reminds me of visits to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch.
But you don’t have to be a professional baker to enjoy one of these scrumptious treats.
Sweet, tart apple cider is reduced to a concentrated burst of fall flavor and mixed into a spiced batter. These beauties are baked to fluffy perfection, dipped in melted butter, and coated with crunchy cinnamon sugar.
Enjoy with a warm cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pour the apple cider into a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow to boil and simmer and reduce down to ½ cup of apple cider, about 5 minutes. Transfer the condensed apple cider to a separate bowl to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, apple sauce, condensed apple cider (cooled), vanilla and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in the four, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and whisk until combined.
- Spray a donut baking pan with cooking spray. Working in batches, evenly spoon the batter into the donut pan to fill each one. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before turning the donuts out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and mix until combined. Add the melted butter to another bowl.
- Working with one donut at a time, dunk both sides of the donut in the melted butter (wherever the butter gets, the cinnamon sugar will stick!) allowing the extra butter to drip off. Then transfer over to the cinnamon sugar mixture and heavily coat the donut on all sides. Transfer the donut back to the cooling rack.
- Repeat until all the donuts have been coated. Enjoy!
- Reducing the apple cider down to only ½ cup really concentrates the flavor and helps the donuts have a full apple cider flavor!
- Here is the donut pan that I used.
- Store these an airtight container. I love to re-heat mine for a few seconds in the microwave to have a warm apple cider donut!
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 34.4g
- Sodium: 136mg
- Fat: 14.2g
- Carbohydrates: 45.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
Keywords: Baked Apple Cider Donuts