Whether its for a holiday party or a weekend dinner, this Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin with Cranberry Apricot Glaze is the perfect choice! The pork stays wonderfully juicy by the smoky, salty bacon wrapped around it. Brush the top with a slightly tart and sweet cranberry apricot glaze and you have a show-stopper dinner!
- 3–4 pound pork loin
- 10 oz bacon (3/4 of a pound)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Cooking twine
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lay all of the bacon strips out on a flat surface, each strip slightly overlapping the last. Standing and looking at the bacon strips, they should be vertical from you. Season the pork loin with salt and pepper. Place the pork loin horizontally on top of the edge closest to you of the rectangle-bacon-blanket you just created. Gently roll the pork loin away from you to wrap it up in the bacon slices. Use cooking twine to wrap, tie and secure the bacon to the pork loin every inch or so, until the whole pork loin is wrapped and secured.
- Place the pork loin on a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. In a small bowl, whisk together the cranberry juice, apricot jam, brown sugar, honey and rosemary. Brush the bacon wrapped pork loin with about 1/4 cup of the cranberry apricot glaze.
- Bake the bacon wrapped pork loin for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the middle reads 145 degrees. While the pork loin is cooking, baste it every 20 minutes with the remaining cranberry apricot glaze until there is none left. Let the pork loin rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes