This Apple Butter Recipe is like capturing the essence of fall in a jar. 🍎🍂
It takes the flavors of tart apples, sweet maple syrup, and warm cinnamon and transforms them into a velvety smooth spread — perfect for toast, scones, oatmeal, and many other uses!
Making homemade apple butter may sound like a bit of a project. But apple butter is actually surprisingly easy to make. The only real work is chopping and peeling apples. After that, just dump ingredients in a pot and blend them up. Not too bad when you consider how much use you’ll get from this batch of appley goodness.
This recipe is also quick and easy to make. While some other apple butter recipes use a slow cooker, we simmer this apple butter over the stovetop. That allows us to get the apple butter done and ready to eat fast!
You could also double the batch, fill up some jars, and tie some ribbons around them — for the perfect host gift to your next dinner party or a special treat for your neighbors.
- 6 honeycrisp apples, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- Add all of the ingredients together in a pot over medium heat. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples have softened and the sugars have caramelized. If the mixture gets too thick, more apple cider can be added as needed.
- Using either an immersion hand blender or transferring the softened apples and juices to a blender, blend until smooth.
- Put back onto the heat for a couple minutes until the apple butter is darkened and condensed.
- Serve warm spread over biscuits, toast, muffins or swirled into your favorite teas or cocktails! The possibilities are endless. Cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Use your favorite apple! Any apple will work!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 19.7g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
Keywords: Apple Butter