Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are a fun, delicious snack or appetizer! Ground chicken is sautéd with your favorite buffalo sauce, spread across pizza dough with cheese, rolled up and cut into the perfect pinwheels. Bake until they are golden brown and delicious and serve these Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels with bleu cheese dressing for dunking!
- 16 oz ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 pizza crust/dough (about 13-14oz)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bleu cheese dressing for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet. Add in the chicken and sauté for about 5-8 minutes or until cooked through, crumbling as you go. Add in the garlic, salt, pepper and buffalo sauce and sauté for a few minutes more. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a floured surface to a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Evenly spread the cooled buffalo chicken mix across the top of the pizza dough. Layer with the cheese.
- Start at one end of the rectangle and roll to the other, trying to keep it as even as possible. Use a sharp knife to cut 1-inch thick pinwheels. Place face-side up on a greased baking sheet, about a couple inches apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. If some of the cheese melts out, thats ok! It will be crunchy and delicious.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing for dipping. Enjoy!
- Homemade or store-bough pizza dough can be used. I use store-bought for ease and to save time.
- To store these, allow to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container. Re-heat to eat leftovers.
- Add crumbled bleu cheese into your bleu cheese dressing for an extra flare!