Salsa Verde Chicken Soup is a simple soup loaded full of flavor! Chicken is simmered in a flavor-packed broth of salsa verde, chicken stock, cannellini beans and spices to bring this chicken soup to life. Each spoonful is like a salsa dance in your mouth! This simple, yet scrumptious Salsa Verde Chicken Soup recipe is perfect to warm you up from the inside out!
- 1 1/2 pounds raw chicken breasts or tenders
- (2) 32 oz containers chicken stock
- 16 oz salsa verde
- (2) 15.5 oz cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped cilantro
- Add all of the ingredients into a large Dutch oven or soup pot. Gently stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and then reduce to low and allow to simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the soup and use two forks to gently shred. Add the chicken back into the soup and stir to combine. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
- Shredded rotisserie chicken can be used in place of the raw chicken. Simply add it in as normal and still allow the soup to simmer for at least 25-30 minutes for all the flavors to combine.
- You can allow the soup to simmer on low for longer if desired. It will just continue to develop the flavors! Just keep an eye on your liquid levels.
- Slow cooker instructions: add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 8 hours. Shred the chicken before serving.