Pot Roast Braised Beef is the ultimate comfort food dinner option. Pieces of beef are simmered low and slow in a classic pot roast fashion until fall-apart tender. With carrots, onions, fresh herbs and a decadent broth, this Pot Roast Braised Beef will easily become a family favorite that you won’t be able to resist!
- 5 pound chuck roast, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 carrots, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 32 oz beef stock
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Add the beef, onion and carrots into a large Dutch oven. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Add in the fresh rosemary, thyme, bacon fat, chopped garlic and beef stock.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, reduce the heat down completely low and cover with a lid. Allow to braise on low heat for 3 hours, or until fall-apart tender.
- Serve on a bed of mashed potatoes and enjoy!
- This recipe re-heats wonderfully! You can leave it in the Dutch oven and place the whole thing in the refrigerator. Bring back to temperature over low heat on the stovetop, covered.
- This recipe can also be made in the oven if preferred. 300 degrees, covered, for 3-4 hours.
- A slow cooker can also be used if desired. 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low heat.