Chocolate Coffee Toffee Cookies are a chocolate-lover’s dream come true. An espresso hinted chocolate cookie dough is swirled together with crunchy, buttery toffee bits and dark chocolate chips. Each bite is loaded full of chocolate, toffee and a perfect hint of coffee.
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 8 oz toffee baking bits
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time, wiping down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add in the espresso powder, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda and mix until a cookie dough forms. Add in the chocolate chips and toffee baking bits and mix until just combined.
- Use a medium-size cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, placing them a few inches apart. Gently press additional chocolate chips and toffee bits into the tops of the cookies if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the centers of the cookies have set. Use your spatula to gently press in the sides of the cookies to form perfect circles if desired. Let cool a couple minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat until all the cookie dough has been used.
- Make sure to use espresso powder in this recipe vs. just instant coffee as espresso powder has finer granules.
- Add additional chocolate chips and toffee bits into the cookie dough balls prior to baking to help make these cookies even more festive.