Brown Sugar Herb Butter Roasted Beets is a vibrantly delicious side dish! Red and golden beets are coated with a brown sugar herb butter and roasted until perfectly candied. Each bite is loaded full of flavor! From the natural sweetness of the beets, to the decadence of the herb butter, this side dish will surprise your taste buds!
- 4 red beets, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 4 golden beets, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Layer the red and gold beets together in a spiral fashion in a large pie dish, round baking dish, or 9×9 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary and salt. Evenly pour over the prepared beets.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the beets are tender and slightly candied. Enjoy!
- No need to peel the beets if the skin is in good shape. Just give them a good wash!
- If you can’t find golden beets, then sub them for classic red beets.
- Look for beets that are about medium-size and uniform to each other.