Welcome to another Monthly Scoop post – September 2020 edition! Ok, ok, I know I’m a few days late on getting The Monthly Scoop out for September, BUT, I promise it’s for a good reason! KJ & Company fam, meet the two newest editions to our family: Queso & Amos!
Queso & Amos
Whew, what a whirlwind this last week has been! I’m so excited to finally introduce you to the two newest members of our family: Queso and Amos!
John and I have been looking for about a month for a horse or two to have out at the farm to be able to jump on and enjoy riding again. Ever since our beloved Motor’s passing (you can read more about him here), it just felt like something was missing from our lives. Being out at the farm, hopping on and going for a ride and taking care of horses has been such a huge part of my life since I started riding at the age of 5. Even though it’s hard work, your heart gets filled with joy in ways you never could have imagined. We are so so very thankful to be able to add these two guys to our family!
Queso is a 5 year old Palomino Quarter Horse gelding, and Amos is a 4 year old Red Roan Quarter Horse Gelding. And guess what? They are actually brothers!! They both have the same dad and grandpa. How fun is that?!
They both have such sweet, quiet personalities and it has been so fun getting to know them better this past week. We can’t wait for all the adventures ahead!
Also, it totally wasn’t planned….but John, Amos and Charlee all look alike, and Queso, Darbi and I all look alike! I guess it was meant to be!
Get ready to see a lot more of these guys around! 🙂
We started out September this year up in Minnesota on the lake! It was such a fun trip to be able to get away to. Between family, friends, all the pups and fishing, it was a trip to fill your soul! It was so gorgeous and got us ready for Fall with it’s 60 degree temps….then we came home to 90 degree weather haha! That’s alright, it’s starting to look all Fall-like back home and I’m in love.
Secretly, we did quite a bit of “horse-shopping” during the month and it was a fun adventure to go on together.
After a fun-filled weekend in North Platte with our friends, we ended the month by bringing Queso and Amos home!
Even though there was only a few new recipes that hit the website in September, there was still a lot of cooking done! As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany!
- Caribou Coffee – ok we are Caribou Coffee ADDICTS. BUT, it has to be an actual Caribou Coffee shop, not one that is attached to a grocery store. It’s just so good! We need one in NE…
- Old Navy Boyfriend Jeans – I can’t get over how much I love these jeans and how comfy they are! Perfect to dress up or down.
- Wrangler Riding Jeans – with getting Queso and Amos, I needed some new riding jeans! I loved this pair and this pair:
- Ariat Riding Jeans
- Dunkin’ Donuts – we are finally on the Dunkies train! Their iced oat milk latte with caramel is my FAV!
- Target Yellow Tye-Dye Sweater – this sweater is so cute and fun! I actually ended up getting it in both a M and L so that I could have a more fitted look and a more relaxed look if I wanted.
- Heartland – we’ve been binge-watching Heartland on Netflix, which probably isn’t helping our horse addiction at this point haha. It’s a little cheesy at times, but is a good, wholesome watch!
- Carhartt Shirts – a girl needs some shirts she doesn’t care about to wear out at the barn! Carhartt is comfortable and durable.
October is one of my favorite months of the year and I’m excited for this one! We’re jumping head-first into all the Fall recipes. Not only that, how is already time to start getting into the holiday groove?! This year is flying by!