Chipotle Steak and Peppers is a dinner recipe that is calling your name! Thinly sliced steak is tossed together with chipotle powder and other seasonings, seared to perfection and combined with vibrant red bell peppers. A one-pan meal that you can depend on to deliver a fork-full of flavor. With so many different ways to serve, Chipotle Steak and Peppers is a versatile dinner option to put into your rotation!
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced steak, such as flat iron or sirloin
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup light beer or chicken stock
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the steak, chipotle powder, seasoned salt, onion powder and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Gently toss to coat.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches to not over-crowd the pan, sear the steak for a couple minutes on each side, or until perfectly seared and cooked through. Set the steak aside for later use. Repeat this until all the steak has been seared.
- Add the bell pepper into the skillet and sauté for a few minutes, or until the bell peppers are slightly cooked with sear marks. Deglaze the pan with the beer and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium-low and allow the peppers to simmer for a couple minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and the peppers are cooked through.
- Add the steak back in with the peppers and toss to combine and slightly re-heat. Enjoy!
- Flat iron steak, sirloin steak or ribeye steak would all work great for this recipe! I prefer to use flat iron.
- Ask your butcher/meat counter to thinly slice the steak for you to help save time and clean-up if desired.
- For the light beer, Modelo or similar options work great! Chicken/Beef stock can also be used.