Peanut Butter Cookies are a classic cookie that you can’t go wrong with! Creamy peanut butter is swirled into a brown sugar cookie dough and baked until perfectly light and fluffy. Each bite has a slight crunch from the sugar coating and melts in your mouth from the velvety peanut butter. These cookies will be gone before you know it!
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup for coating
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup of sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Wipe down the sides of the bowl and mix in the egg.
- Add in the peanut butter and vanilla extract and mix until smooth and combined. Mix in the salt, baking soda and flour just until a cookie dough forms. Pour the additional 1/4 cup of sugar into a separate small bowl.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop the dough into cookie balls. Gently roll each cookie dough ball into the sugar to coat completely. Place on an un-greased baking sheet, about a few inches apart from each other. Use a fork to gently press the criss-cross pattern into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until the centers of the cookies have set and are slightly golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a couple minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat until all the cookie dough has been used.
- Creamy peanut butter is recommended for this recipe.
- Using a cookie scoop helps you not to have to handle the cookie dough as much which prevents the dough from melting or softening.