Coconut Cilantro Rice is the perfect side dish for any meal! White rice simmered in decadent coconut milk until light and fluffy. Fold in a little chopped cilantro, season to taste with salt and pepper and you have a rice side dish just as delicious as the main course!
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 cup water
- 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine the rice, water and coconut milk together in a medium-sized sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cover with a lid and then reduce the heat to low.
- Allow to simmer on low, covered, for about 15 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is cooked through. Gently fluff the cooked rice with a fork and fold the chopped cilantro in. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- This coconut cilantro rice is the perfect side dish for many different occasions and cuisines!
- Once cooled, store in an air-tight container for delicious leftovers or meal prep.
- If you don’t have cilantro, it is still delicious without!