Welcome to another Monthly Scoop post! Is it just me, or was November gone within a blink of an eye? It flew by! November was loaded full of cooking, food comas, recipes, time with family and friends and the discovery of cookie butter. But, I also did something I said I would never do: I decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving was over…I just couldn’t help myself!
Instead of getting our usual live tree on Black Friday, we ordered this pre-lit, flocked tree and are in LOVE with it! I should have had a flocked tree years ago – we decided it’s me in a tree! If you didn’t know, I’m obsessed with snow and winter so naturally, a flocked tree fits right in. When it got delivered the Sunday before Thanksgiving, I just couldn’t wait any longer and we’re glad we didn’t.
Now, in case you were wondering, I’m not skipping over the Thankgsiving coverage! When all was said and done, I made 5 Thanksgiving meals this year – holy buckets! I loved every minute of it and by golly, we’ve got the turkey brining and clean-up process down pat. Friendsgiving was hosted at our house and it was a blast. Since I don’t have a double oven, I snagged my mom’s counter oven and it was a game changer! I had it set up in the garage and guests could keep their dishes warm in there and I didn’t have to worry about giving up oven space. Glorious.
November was also LOADED with recipes – many of which can still be made during the Christmas season! Heck, or any time of the year!
Naturally, November was full of Thanksgiving recipes, but they can also be made during the Christmas season! There were also some delicious desserts and scrumptious weeknight meals. Check them out! Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany!
- If you follow along with me on Instagram, then you probably already know all about this, but we got a new rug from Ruggable and are OBSESSED. It’s machine washable!!! Complete game changer for us and our pups. Plus, this one doesn’t shed as bad as our last rug did and I’m silently rejoicing every time I vacuum.
- I’ve been reminded several times this month how much I truly love our Nespresso machine. It’s been a coffee game changer for me! I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but, I even prefer to make coffee at home rather than getting a holiday drink from Starbs which I love – so that’s saying something! Plus, it makes the perfect Christmas gift!
- John and I successfully binge-watched all the StarWars movies in preparation for the new one coming out in December. We’re ready.
- Disney Plus – it’s all the rave and I’m 100% here for it. The Mandalorian is definitely worth a watch and we had a “family movie night” and watched the new Lady and the Tramp movie with the pups. Charlee loved it.
- I discovered cookie butter this month….I don’t know what took me so long to get with the program on this.
- We obviously decorated for Christmas as stated above. Click here for all the decor goodies!
- Hallmark Christmas movies – so corny and terrible you just can’t stop watching and smiling at the same time. I may or may not leave it on the tv for the dogs during the day…
IT’S DECEMBER AND CHRISTMAS TIME. Completely Buddy the Elf right now.